Saturday 10 September 2011

Michigan vs Notre Dame



As I wrote at the beginning of the week, I'm a little behind on everything.  So I didn't get a chance to put together a comprehensive preview of the game.  So this is basically just some key things to watch and a prediction.

- WMU didn't have a guy that could go up and make a tough catch over a defender on those "oh my god I'm going to die" throws into the endzone by Carder.  Notre Dame does.  If Michigan can slow down Michael Floyd there's a chance for a victory.  Unfortunately, I expect the future first rounder to put up numbers closer to '09 than 2010.

- Michigan struggled with misdirection last week (and for about the last three years).  ND's running game uses alot of misdirection.  The defensive staff will have to clean up those lapses and hold Cierre Wood down as much as possible.

- Notre Dame 24-Michigan 21

Note: I had a dream that Michigan was leading 17-0 after the first half, so hopefully I have superpowers.  Although the idea of a field goal is almost laughable at this point, so clearly it was two touchdowns, a two point conversion and a safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment